The Clinical Nutrition Department was established in 2009 under the umbrella of Clinical Support Services Sector in DHA.
The Department includes Nutrition Sections and Clinics in all DHA Hospitals, Peripheral Health Centers (PHC) and Specialized Centers, which is recognized for providing a service of excellence in Clinical Nutrition Department in DHA and Associated Services using best practice principles
- Prepare and develop all-nutritional care plans for inpatients, which includes patient care, food service and provide evidence based management matching with international standards applied for the care of patients with nutrition related problems.
- Provide nutrition educational programs to all customers (internal, external patients and visitors) for the prevention of chronic and non-communicable diseases, as well as increase awareness among health care workers, such as doctors and nurses in their role in nutrition care.
- To develop an integrated and sustainable health system to ensure comprehensive and excellency according to highest international standards for the health of the individual and society.
- To promote a customer focused approach in service provision, through effective communication and multi-disciplinary liaison.
- Providing development and implementation of nutrition training programs responsive to needs of the dietitians and other health workers, such as doctors, nurses and health educators.
- Nutritional studies, research and organizing conferences, courses, seminars and scientific workshops to promote awareness among employees and members of the community.
- Support projects, proposals and follow up on complaints and resolution on timely basis to improve employees and customer satisfaction.