- Daycare for Thalassemia and other major Haemoglobinopathies provides:
- Chronic blood transfusion program: A process of administration of Packed Red Blood Cell to patients with thalassaemias or sickle cell anemia to achieve favorable patients' outcomes.
- Red Cell Exchange transfusions: A process used for high-risk sickle cell patients to remove sickled red blood cells to prevent further complications of sickle cell disease. This procedure minimizes the development of iron overload.
- Hemoglobinopathy premarital and prenatal counseling
Hemoglobinopathy premarital counseling specializes in premarital service for couples who are carriers with hemoglobinopathies. We provide as well, hemoglobinopathy prenatal counselling which is dedicated for the high-risk pregnant patient during first trimester
-Thalassemia and Haemoglobinopathies outpatient clinic: A specialized clinic that provides long-term follow-up for patients with Thalassemia and Haemoglobinopathies through an integrated team of experienced doctors and nursing staff in the field who work together to ensure favorable patients' outcomes.
-Haemoglobinopathies Post Bone Marrow Transplant Outpatient clinic:
A specialized clinic that provides long-term follow-up for patients with haemoglobinopathies after undergoing bone marrow transplant in a transplant centre.
-Endocrinology and Haemoglobinopathies clinic:
A specialized clinic that provides diagnosis, management and follow-up of endocrine complications in pediatric and adult patients with Hemoglobinopathies.
- Intravenous Chelation Therapy clinic:
A rescue treatment for severely iron-overloaded patients through effective and convenient continuous intravenous desferal infusion through a peripherally inserted central venous catheter (PICC line). Chronically transfused Thalassemia major patients with iron overload who meet a predefined inclusion criteria are initially referred to Rashid Hospital for PICC line insertion. Then intravenous iron chelation therapy is commenced at the Thalassemia center coupled with intensive training and education of the patient. Follow up is weekly for dressing, reevaluation and education.
- Gynecology and infertility in Hemoglobinopathies clinic: A specialized clinic run by specialist endocrinologist for female patients with thalassemia and infertility.
- Psychology clinic for people with Thalassemia and Haemoglobinopathies: Provides continuing and comprehensive mental and behavioral health care for patients with Hemoglobinopathies and their families.
- Transcranial Doppler service for pediatric patients with sickle cell anemia: Transcranial Doppler (TCD) is ultrasonography to identify children with Hb SS who are at high risk for developing a first stroke. Routine TCD screening of children with sickle cell anemia is required to initiate a chronic transfusion program on the right time.