How do I register for cord blood collection?
The baby's mother-to-be needs to visit DCRC early enough before the baby is due.
- Parents should bring with them their identification papers, either emirates ID or passport copy.
- A Family medical history questionnaire will be conducted to check the eligibility of the potential baby's unit for storage.
- A Contract will be signed for either Public or Private banking
- Fees to be paid (private banking only)
- Cord blood collection Kit will be handed to the mother.
What is umbilical cord blood?
Umbilical cord blood is what remains in the placenta following birth.
What is stored umbilical cord blood used for?
Umbilical cord blood is a rich source of blood stem cells. These cells can be used to replace blood-forming cells in a person being treated for Leukemia (blood cancer) or other life-threatening diseases.
When is cord blood collected?
It is collected from the placenta and umbilical cord after the delivery of your baby.
Is cord blood collection painful or risky?
Cord blood collection is a safe and easy process, and it will not affect mother or baby's health at all.