- The Clinical Support Services Sector (CSSS), one of the major sectors in the DHA which was established according to the Administrative Decision No. 292 of 2009, the Approval of the Organizational Structure of the Clinical Support Services Sector and the Administrative Decision No. 222 of 2009 regarding the Implementation of the Approved General Organizational Structure of DHA.
- CSSS operates in harmony with all other sectors and departments in DHA to achieve the authority's common goals.
- Department of Business Development
- Department of Quality & Corporate Performance
- Medical Fitness Services Department
- Clinical Nutrition Department
- Pathology & Genetics Department
- Pharmacy Department
The Strategic Planning Approach
Click the image to enlarge it
Clinical support services contribute to the integration of health services throughout the emirate.
Provide clinical support services (pathology, genetics, pharmaceutical care, clinical nutrition and medical fitness) and develop their businesses according to the international standards for all customers.
- Patient's Rights
- Professionalism and Transparency
- Learning (Innovation)
- Financial Effectiveness
- Team Work
- Safety & Environment
Growth & Learning
- CSSS staff shall be provided with minimum 5 training hours per year.
- Organize conferences and events to raise awareness, education and training.
- Develop the infrastructure of all CSSS departments.
Process & Environment
- Redesign all processes (technical and administrative) and introduce new services to meet the customer's needs and requirements.
- Apply the Quality Management System to all departments.
Customers & Community
- Increase the customer satisfaction rate by 3% each year.
- Increase the employee satisfaction rate by 5% each year.
- Increase the number of community activities by 10% each year.
- Reduce the customer complaints rate by 10% each year.
- Reduce the expenditures rate by 20%.
- Increase the income rate by 10%.
Click the image to enlarge it
Since the establishment of DHA, the higher authority has furnished its full support to improve the pharmaceutical services by establishing the Pharmacy Department in 2006.
The department's main responsibility is to contribute in managing and regulating the pharmaceutical sector in the UAE and Dubai in order to cope with the global and local developments and updates. It is also considered as one of the main departments of the Clinical Support Services Sector which providing its services to all DHA hospitals and the primary healthcare centers.
Medical Fitness Services Department
Since early seventies of the last century the Emirate of Dubai took over the task of providing the medical fitness examination service for all expatriates to ensure that the infectious diseases are under control. DHA has manage the rapid Developments witnessed in Dubai through opening new medical centers specialized in medical fitness all over the Emirate of Dubai, such centers are linked and managed by MFSD. The policies & procedures of MFSD was developed from the international regulations specialized in this field, according to the Ministerial and Administrative Decisions issued by The UAE Council of Ministers and from Government of Dubai. According to the best international standards and the health security requirements in Dubai, the Department is providing its services to large and important segment of society represented in the expatriates who approach Dubai for employment, residing or studying.
The following statistics demonstrates the average works performed by the department on a daily, monthly and annually basis:
- Average customers per day about 3,000
- Average customers per month about 90,000
- Average customers per day about 1,080,000
Clinical Nutrition Department
Dubai paid a great attention to the clinical nutrition services since long time ago; such service has developed over the years to become in form of sections within the Hospitals and Primary Healthcare Centers and recently is known as Clinical Nutrition Department under Clinical Support Services Sector in DHA. CND provides comprehensive nutrition services for inpatients and outpatients of all ages, such as nutrition services for diabetes patients (children and adults), as well as gestational diabetes, kidney, cardiac patients and the other diseases. Furthermore the department provides training sessions and educational lectures for the society to promote nutritional awareness to reduce diseases such as obesity, anemia, diabetes and cardiovascular.
Pathology & Genetics Department
Pathology & Genetics Department was established since the establishment of Dubai Health Authority, it has met DHA and Private Sector customer's needs and requirements by providing all necessary lab tests. PGD has adopted the latest technologies in this field through the establishment of specialized, world-class centers such as Genetics Center, Cord Blood Center, Blood Bank as well as improving all types of the laboratory tests.
Business Development Department
Since the organizational structure of the sector was approved in 2009, BDD was established to develop the departments businesses within the sector, attract private investments and increase the sector's revenues.
Business Development Department Statistics
|Approved projects||19||3 - 5 Years |
|Temporary projects||11||3- 5 Years |
Quality & Corporate Performance Department
QCPD was established since approval of the organizational structure of the Clinical Support Services Sector to improve the performance of all departments within the sector, through applying quality management systems (each on its capacity) and the excellence standards according to the Dubai Government Excellence Program. One of the main functions that the departments looking forward to achieve is to apply the quality systems in the departments as follows:
- The quality system laboratories ISO 15189
- International accreditation system JCI in Pharmacy Department, Clinical Nutrition Department, Laboratories in hospitals and Medical fitness centers.
- Follow up the Strategic plan implementation through the action plans, the key performance indicators and the performance indicators.
- Contribute in applying the excellence standards to all departments within the sector according to the DGEP
- Educate, train and make all employees aware of all issues related to quality and excellence.
- Contribute in achieving the DHA goals in all fields related to the CSS sector.