This department deals with problems related to the musculoskeletal system (muscles and bones) with priority of traumatic injuries. Patients suffering from this type of traumatic injury need an experienced surgeon. Our team of orthopedic trauma surgeons have a great deal of experience with difficult and time-sensitive surgical procedures that involve repairing damage to the musculoskeletal system. Life and limb threatening traumatic injuries, in particular, need a specialized and structured approach for immediate and subsequent definitive treatment to prevent secondary complications and disability after trauma.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Assessment and resuscitation of polytrauma patients in Trauma Center.
- Assessment and management of traumatic orthopedic injuries with damage of the musculoskeletal system (bones, joints, muscles, tendons, nerves)
- Specialized teams provide care for complex fractures of:
1) Pelvis & Acetabulum
2) Hip & Knee Joint
3)Spine (cervical, thoracic, lumbar) & Spinal cord injury
- In-patient management, care and monitoring.
- Outpatient clinic services include daily sessions (Sunday – Thursday) for new patients and patient who require follow-up treatment.
Assessment of disabilities of patients due to trauma and issuing medical reports to the court and to the insurance companies.
In addition, the specialized teams provide care as follows:
- All traumatic and degenerative problems of the hand and wrist.
- Tendon /ligament repair, reconstruction and transfer
- Reconstructive microsurgery
- Traumatic and non-traumatic hand anomalies.
- Arthroscopic surgery of
- Knee (meniscal tears, ligament reconstruction)
- Shoulder (recurrent dislocation of shoulder, rotator cuff tears, biceps tendon problems)
- Artificial joint replacement (hip, knee, shoulder, elbow) and revision surgery
- Degenerative joint diseases
- Sports injuries including knee, ankle, shoulder and other joints.
- Posttraumatic deformities.
- Spinal tumors / infection
- Spine Trauma