The Infectious Diseases Unit at Rashid hospital is the prime provider of standards of care service for patients with infectious diseases in the city of Dubai. The unit provides training in infectious diseases to medical students, residents and trainees.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Treating General Infectious Diseases
- HIV/AIDS program
- Invasive / non – invasive procedures required for diagnosis and management of patients
- We have an Infection control office, which is responsible for the hospital wide activities to reduce or prevent Hospital Acquired Infection for patient, visitor and staff. Preventive and Control of Infection Committee coordinates with multidisciplinary teams and infection control office to address and manage important issues related for both patients and health care workers
- ID team accepts referrals and if required (transfer, isolation or specialized ID cases including HIV, TB meningococcal meningitis, Leishmaniosis, Crimean Congo) from other DHA facilities, PHC and private hospital in Dubai and the Northern Emirates as per Rashid Hospital Policy / DHA.
- Vaccinations: Preventive vaccination services aimed at enhancing the immunity of individuals in the community by providing them with the necessary vaccinations that contribute to the reduction of the spread of infectious diseases.
- Vaccines include: Flu vaccine, Td/Tdap, Chicken pox, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Human Papillomavirus (HPV), MMR, Meningococcal, Pneumoccocal, and Shingles.