The cardiology department provides highly specialised evidence based medical care to patients with heart diseases. In 2016, the cardiology department of Rashid Hospital was reaccredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) with a disease-specific certification in Acute Coronary Syndrome for best practices followed in dealing with patients suffering from heart attacks and other cardiac disorders.The department got this accreditation for the first time in 2009 and became the first department in the Middle East and North Africa to get this disease-specific accreditation in this field. The department is renowned for state-of-the-art cardiology services.
Our services include but not limited to:
- Acute (emergencies) cardiac conditions including heart failure, heart attack, rhythm disturbances, cardiac arrests and resuscitation, emergency pace maker implantation and emergency coronary angioplasty and stenting.
- Elective invasive coronary intervention, pacemaker implantation and revision, pacemaker follow up, cardiac valve catheter-based intervention (eg. Balloon Mitral Valvotomy, Transcatheter Aortic valve Implantation – TAVI)
- We care for Chronic conditions including heart failure, rhythm disturbances, surveillance of patients such as those with stable coronary disease, heart failure, hypertension and associated complication in the OPD clinics
- Non-Invasive Cardiac Laboratory where we perform Transthoracic, Dobutamine and transesophageal Echocardiography, 24 hours or more of ambulatory BP and cardiac rhythm recording, treadmill testing, etc.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation and cardiac seminars for post MI and Heart Failure patients after they are discharged from hospital.