The Health Regulation Sector (HRS) was founded to fulfill the following overarching strategic objectives:
- Improving quality standards at the health sector in the Emirate of Dubai.
- Ensure quality, stability and availability of skilled healthcare professionals
- Protect pateints and the public through transparent and accessible medical complaints procedures
The responsibilities of the HRS can be summed into following :
- Developing regulations, standards and guidelines pertaining to Healthcare professionals and health facilities in the Emirate of Dubai.
- Licensing of Health facilities as well as Healthcare Professionals in the Emirate of Dubai
- Assuing compliance of Health Care facilities and health professionals by:
- Regular onsite inspections
- Performance Management
- Managing Medical Complaints
- Overseeing and managing the program of Dubai Medical Tourism which was initiated in 2012 by His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohamed Al Maktoum.