The Ophthalmology Department provides comprehensive ophthalmic care and subspecialist state-of-the-art care.
- Cataract surgery with Intraocular Lens Implantation using the latest technology under topical, local or general anaesthesia.
- Corneal disease management and corneal transplantation operations.
- External eye diseases like dry eyes, infections, allergic conditions and autoimmune diseases.
- Trauma cases concerning the eye and ocular emergencies, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Glaucoma screening, early detection, follow-ups, medical laser and surgical treatment.
- Ocular motility disorders and squint in children - managed with orthoptic treatment and surgical correction and paralytic squint management.
- Retinal diseases, retinal detachment surgery, intra-vitreal injections and laser treatment for the complications of diabetes mellitus and retinal vascular diseases.
- Pediatric ophthalmology, congenital glaucoma, congenital cataracts, watering of the eyes due to lacrimal disorders and laser treatment for premature babies with retinopathy of prematurity.
- The most up to date ancillary ocular exams, with mERG, VEP, OCT, OCTA and AFG.
- The most modern treatment of macular degeneration with anti-VEGF intra-vitreal injections.
- Management for lacrimal diseases like nasolacrimal duct obstructions and chronic inflammation of the lacrimal sac by dacryocystorhinostomy operations.
- Management of orbital diseases, such as dysthiroid ophthalmopathy, intraorbital tumors.
- Oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery
- Prescriptions of glasses for all ages.
- Available laser technology - argon, krypton, diode, UAG. Pattern laser.
- Correction of myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism with Excimer laser and LASIK procedures.