The nuclear medicine department in Dubai Health Authority (DHA) is located in Dubai hospital with more than 500 beds providing specialized services such as:
- Heart disease, Myocardial perfusion scan
- Brain Death and brain tumors
- Gastrointestinal disorders, gastric emptying, GI bleed, Meckel's etc.
- Hepatobiliary disorders e.g. cholicystitis, biliary dyskinaesia, bile leak etc.
- Tumor markers , Ga67, TL 201, Sestamibi, MIBG,Tc99m- PSMA,In111-octreotide
- Breast Cancer staging Tc99m- lymphoseek, Tc-HDP.
- Lung disorders, e.g. pulmonary embolism, lung shunt
- Bone disorders, e.g. stress fractures, bone metastases…etc.
- Kidney disorders e.g. PUJ obstruction, reflux, renal artery stenosis
- Thyroid disorders, thyrotoxicosis, hypothyroidism…etc.
- Neuroendocrine disorders e.g. carcinoid, pheochromocytoma.
- Other tests such as lymphoscintigraphy, sentinel lymph node Scintigraphy, dacryoscintigraphy.
- Pediatric and neonatal diagnostic procedures.
- Bone Mineral Densitometry –BMD.
- Vascular disease.
Radionuclide therapy services:
Radioiodine ablation for thyroid cancer patients and treatment of benign thyroid diseases.