You can prevent getting COVID-19 by following a number of important precautionary measures:
Keep your hands clean all the time
- You must keep the hands clean and avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with unclean hands. You must also avoid touching surfaces until you have cleaned or sterilized them.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, you can use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth unless you have washed your hands or sanitized them.
Avoid close contact with people, especially those showing respiratory and other symptoms, and maintain a sufficient distance between you and them (not less than 2 meters) at all times.
Wear a face mask
Everyone should wear masks when they interact with others. Only the following categories are exempted:
- Children under 6 years
- People of determination who have cognitive, intellectual and sensory disorder
- Those who suffer from severe respiratory diseases. A medical report is needed in such cases.
Healthy daily routine
- Everyone should maintain a healthy lifestyle at home, maintain a healthy diet, sleep well and stay active
- Maintain a healthy routine as much as possible
- Keep in touch with your loved ones over the phone or video calls
- Children and elderly need more love and attention than adults during such difficult times
- It is normal for you to feel sad, tense or confused during a crisis. Talking to people you trust, such as friends and family can help you. If you feel your condition is getting worse, talk to a specialist.