Hygienic handling of personal items
- Personal items require cleaning and sanitization as they can get contaminated
- It is advisable not to share personal items with others except when necessary.
- If you intend to share any personal item, you must ensure it is cleaned, sanitized and disinfected before it is reused to prevent any transmission of infection.
- To avoid damaging your device (such as mobiles, computers etc.) choose an appropriate sanitization method depending on the device that requires sanitization.
- Ensure that all surfaces are cleaned and sanitized properly. Do not miss any corners and spaces, especially any corners between devices, computer keyboards and the space between the keyboard buttons.
- It is advisable to regularly clean furniture using an appropriate sanitizer.
- Regularly clean and sanitize car parts such as the door handles and the steering wheel, especially if another person has used the vehicle.
- Wash worn clothes on a daily basis, especially when exposed to pollution or dirt, or after caring for any ill person or after caring for an animal.
- Do not follow any unauthorized or unofficial sanitization procedure or use any chemical mixture as this may lead to harmful and toxic gas fumes that can harm your health or can damage the devices/items you intend to sanitize.
- Some items are difficult to sterilize. For example: banknotes. It is preferable to immediately sanitize your hands after using banknotes.
Workplace sanitization guidelines
Offices are considered high-risk due to close proximity and contact with staff members. Therefore, it is important to maintain highest level of sanitization and hygiene at work to protect employees and customers.
- Practice social distancing, keep a distance of 2 metres from other individuals
- Ensure that the workplace has an effective and sustainable ventilation system.
- Office spaces including all surfaces, chairs, tables, door handles, curtains etc. should be regularly sanitized using appropriate disinfectants. All necessary cleaning protocols and procedures should be followed.
- Ensure that strict disinfection and sterilization procedures are applied especially in toilets, washrooms and common use facilities.
- Ensure the application of strict disinfection and sterilization procedures in elevators.
- Employees should maintain physical distancing and disinfect hands after they use elevators.
- Employees should adhere to personal hygiene measures including washing their hands and sanitizing regularly.
- All employees should adhere to coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- If possible, work remotely and follow all remote working protocols and procedures.
- Replace glass cups with single-use disposable cups.