- Thalassemia Centre consists of a day care unit, out patient clinics in addition to a well established social and outreach services :
- Day Care Unit with 28 beds for patients who require blood transfusion.
- Out patient Clinics utilized for effective screening, counseling and continuous medical care for patients with Thalassemia and other haemoglobinopathies.
- Patients are referred to our centre from other DHA departments , mainly from the PHC
- Once given the referral patient can book an appointment by calling the centre's reception on 04-2193392 during working ours 7:30-2:30pm.
- We accept patients with valid DHA health cards
- We do not accept privately insured patient
- The centre is a day care centre (this means no over-night stays) and it is open from 7:30-9:30 pm Sunday –Thursday.
- Our physician: we have highly specialized and well qualified fleet of physicians who look after the patient's well being in the centre.
The centre consists of 7 highly qualified and experienced specialists in Thalassemia Management:
Dr. Khawla Belhoul
Thalassemia Centre Director ( Consultant Hematology )
MBBCh –FRCP Hematology
Dr. Mohammad Salah Eldin Sanad
Head of Medical Services Section-Pediatrics
MBBCh -D.C.H -M.Sc,
Dr. Essam F. Dohair
Thalassemia centre outreach coordinator MBBCh
Dr. Maisam L. Bakir
Senior Specialist Registrar- Pediatrics
M.B.Ch.B -DCH -F.I.C.M.S (Ped.)
Dr. Ahmad Kadhim
Specialist Registrar –Adult
M.B.Ch.B –C.A.B.M- F.I.C.M.S (Hemat.)
Dr. Fatheya Al Khaja
Specialist Registrar -Adult
M.B.B.ch–M.Sc ( med.Gent.& immuno.)
Dr. Hany Dewedar
PhD (Int. med. & Hemat.)
- Service fees: Thalassemia centre is non-profit making and which is well supported by charitable organizations. We provide free of charge services.
- Patient rights and responsibility: Thalassemia centre provides impartial high quality and non-biased services to everyone. We respect patient's right and our patients are well aware of their responsibility. PFR pamphlets are periodically distributed in our centre.