Rashid Hospital Library was established in the 1970s and was the first library started in DHA. It aims at providing easy access for DHA library users who wish to benefit from our services. Rashid Hospital Library is run by a professional team who can assist DHA staff in their search for information from reliable library sources.
Rashid Hospital Library collections include books, journals, CD ROMs, electronic books, electronic journals and other electronic databases, including the metadata and it has a vast variety of readers using the facilities every day.
The library has defined policies for itself and its patrons, keeping in mind the general policies of the DHA.
- Wherever required, legal advice has been sought and applied.
- These policies cover the whole infrastructure of the library administration and are deemed binding to all its personnel and patrons.
The following are the major policies:
• Acquisition Policy
• Circulation Policy
• Interlibrary Borrowing Services Policy
• Technical Processing Services Policy
• Weeding Policy
• Internet Use and Access to Electronic Information Policy (Staff Only)
Rashid Hospital Library Policies
The official working hours are from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm from Sunday to Thursday, in all libraries.
The library plans to extend its opening hours until the evening in order to cater to its patrons’ need.This should take effect in the near future.
Tel: 04-219-2526 OR 04-219-2183