Who We Are?
Adhering to the Dubai Health Authority’s tradition of excellence and continuous motivation to reach innovative frontiers in healthcare service, the Hospitals Services Sector (HSS) is the governance of all the government hospitals in Dubai as well as unique specialty centres.
The HSS contains two dynamic departments that function efficiently and effectively not only in the hospitals and specialty centres, but throughout the Dubai Health Authority and the Government of Dubai in the facilities listed below:
- CEO Office
- Corporate Management Office
- Department of Business Development and Projects
- Dubai Gynaecology and Fertility Centre
- Dubai Diabetes Center
- Department of Quality and Performance
- Rashid Hospital
- Dubai Hospital
- Latifa Hospital
- Hatta Hospital
Supplemented to the Administrative Decision No (75) of 2010 Approving the amended Organizational Structure of Hospitals Services Sector
CEO, Hospitals Services Sector
Corporate Management Office
Dubai Gynecology and Fertility Center
Dubai Diabetes Center
Department of Business Development and Projects
Department of Quality and Performance
Director General’s approval
Our vision is to ensure that effective and efficient world-class healthcare services are delivered throughout our hospitals and specialty centres. We aim to be innovative by adding new revenue streams and ensuring optimal utilization of current services to increase our contribution to government funds/resources.
Our mission is to provide excellence in the provision of healthcare services by continually improving on quality levels and managing risks. We will identify new avenues for revenue through business partnerships and we will adopt business models when managing our facilities.
- Customer Care
- Patient Focus
- To function as official advisors in all functions of the healthcare business to hospital management within the DHA network.
- To act as a portal for the initiation of business collaborations and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- To work towards providing training and establishing business and revenue sustainability within the departments in the DHA hospital sectors.
- To work with hospital finance departments in developing KPI and cost efficiency matrices.
- To act as an international benchmark for the top business practices and strategies.
- To facilitate leadership involvement in quality improvement initiatives.
- To facilitate the development of customer service programmes in the sector.
- To develop a risk management programme in the sector.
- To develop a performance management programme in the sector.
- To maintain and expand international accreditation programmes across the sector.
HSS Scope of Services
- Excellence Programmes.
- Hospital risk management and patient safety.
- Quality and performance indicators.
- Communicating and sharing the best practices
- Training on quality principles and philosophies.
- Revitalize existing revenue-focused projects.
- Integration with internal and external service providers who are in medical and non-medical fields.
- Provide follow-up services for hospital related projects based on KPI and measures.
- Provide innovative ideas on how to run a service within the hospital sectors.
- Initiate new projects with the aim of generating revenue for the hospital sectors.
- Focus on upgrading services within the hospital sectors with the aim of generating revenue.
- Ensure the optimal use of funds by hospitals with a control on spending and with a focus on management reporting.