Asthma is one of the allergies, which is transferred hereditarily from parents to children. Any kind of adult allergy such as the sinus allergy or eczema may reflect hereditary in the children in form of asthma.
Chronic infection which attacks the air path and leads to narrowing it down.
It is accompanied by difficulty in breathing and coughing and wheezing.
It comes at intervals that may last for moments or days.
It might be severe or light.
FACTORS THAT TRIGGER ASTHMA
1. Strong perfumes or chemical products
2. Fur of domestic animals
3. Exercise, tiredness and tension
4. Smoke and dust
5. Respiratory system infections
6. Dry, cold air
7. Some food and drinks
8. preservatives and color additives
IS IT POSSIBLE TO PREVENT ASTHMA
The best way to prevent asthma is to avoid the triggering factors. The following are the guideline for preventing asthma attacks:
Taking the prescribed medicines regularly.
1. Taking the prescribed medicines regularly
2. Cleaning and washing the openings of the air conditioners on daily basis.
3. Continuous cleaning of the carpets or removing it and using ceramic tiles instead.
4. Washing the bed sheets with hot water on weekly basis.
5. Getting rid of the domestic animals, insects and cockroaches.
Avoid burning scents or smoking inside the house.
6. Avoiding food that triggers asthma.
7. Avoiding preservatives and color additives.
HOW TO TREAT ASTHMA
Eliminating the causes or decreasing the allergy of the child against this cause treats asthma. The condition of any child may improve if there is a plan of treatment. If the child is not treated, the disease will continue and will be more severe. Through the cooperation and participation with the doctor, a treatment plan may be as follows:
This includes those who suffer when exposed to allergens or when practicing sport exercises, or the children who have infections of the upper respiratory system. These do not need prevention drugs, but are treated at that time. The treatment includes using some drugs, which widen the airways of the bronchus before exercising or before being exposed to the allergens. These drugs are administered by inhalation (the spray).
Simple chronic cases
These need daily treatment for prevention, and controlling the symptoms of the asthma by using anti-inflammatory drugs.
Medium chronic cases
These need daily treatment for prevention by using anti-inflammatory n drugs. Long-term bronchus widening drugs should be used to control the symptoms especially the night coughing.
Severe chronic cases
It is difficult to completely control the case, but it is possible to alleviate the severity of the symptoms. This needs many daily treatments that include:
• Anti-inflammatory drugs such as cortisone derivatives.
• Long- term bronchus-widening drugs.
• Short- term bronchus-widening drugs. These are always available may be used three to four times.
• Asthma prevention drugs do not cause addiction.
• Cortisone or its derivatives are among the most important and useful anti-inflammatory drugs. This drug does not have any complications if used under medical supervision.