The Rashid Hospital Trauma Center was established in 2006 and is one of the largest of its kind worldwide. It houses a 57-bed fully integrated Emergency Department and is the only one of its kind dedicated to emergency and trauma care in the region. It caters to the population of Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
The Emergency Department at the Trauma Center provides a wide variety of services such as:
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week emergency services for traumas (all ages, male/female), acute medical emergencies (adults), acute surgical emergencies (adults), acute psychiatric emergencies, acute cardiac emergencies (adults) and infectious diseases (adults), disaster management, major events coverage, additional emergency services as needed.
It is also the only academic institution of its kind in the region and has an active Emergency Medicine Residency Training Program. It is known to run academic conferences every year and generate research based on the patient population it cares for.
The Emergency Department has on its grounds:
• 10 ambulance bays
• 2 helipads
• 4 state of the art resuscitation units
• The first STAT Scanner in the region
- To be the hospital of choice for patients, physicians and employees in the UAE because of our preeminent patient care and teaching programs.
- To be well recognized as a technology leader in the region.
- To be the academic center of choice for residents and healthcare professionals.
- To be a prominent community member known for meeting the healthcare needs of the entire community through incomparable patient care and wellness programs.
Rashid Hospital Trauma Center is a medical institution dedicated to providing prompt and quality patient care with unrelenting attention to clinical excellence, patient safety and an unparalleled passion and commitment to the very best healthcare for those we serve.
Critically injured patients who require life-, sight- or limb-saving will not stop in triage but will go to the Resuscitation Rooms for immediate treatment as needed.
Critical medical or trauma patients will be intubated and treated in this department
A low-dose radiation Stat Scanner is available in the department for all trauma patients.
Acute cardiac patients are treated according to the cardiac pathway.
All patients will be triaged before entering the Major Area and cardiac and acute cases will be put on cardiac monitors.
Psychiatry patients will be monitored by security staff at all times.
Infected cases or Barrier nursing will be managed in the treatment rooms to reduce the risk of cross infections.
Priority will be given to children entering the area and will be attended to as soon as possible.
Each room will be shared by 2 patients separated by a curtain.
This area includes an isolation room with 4 beds as well as a VIP suite.
Acute medical, trauma or cardiac patients will go to the resuscitation area without being triaged.
All VIP patients will be triaged in the VIP room.
All other patients will be triaged except “see and treat” patients.
Walk-in clinic will cater to patients triaged as T5
Consultation fees for DHA Card Holder: AED 100
Consultation fees for Non-DHA Card Holder: AED 200
- Disaster and Rescue Team:
The Medical Disaster Control Room is situated in the Trauma Center.
Two disaster site teams are on standby round-the-clock; each site team includes one Senior Emergency Physician and one nursing staff with full resuscitation equipment. If any major disaster occurs in the Emirate of Dubai, the site teams will be transported by Air Wing. All polytrauma patients are brought to the Trauma Center for definitive management. The disaster code is activated depending on the seriousness of the disaster.
We provide medical coverage for all major events throughout the Emirate of Dubai, such as:
- Major sports events like international cricket, FIFA, tennis, golf, autodrome, endurance, international marathon, international horse race, etc.
- International conferences and Global Village.
The Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Sunday to Thursday 1030 – 0300
Friday, Saturday and public holidays 0700 – 0300
Treatment Fees: Initial treatment of Acute Emergency patients is free
Walk-in Clinic is AED 200 per visit, unless there is a change in triage category
24-hour Emergency Contact Number – Through Trauma Center Switchboard 04 – 219 1000