• Introduction of Background and Location:
• The Dubai International Airport Medical Center is an extended service unit provided by the Dubai Health Authority. It was established in 1971.
• In 2008, AMC was expanded to include an additional clinic in the new Terminal 3.
• The main AMC is located below Gate 13 of Terminal 1(Sheikh Rashid Terminal) or Fox 7.
• The Terminal 3 AMC clinic is located between Fox 22 – 23 at level 0 (GF).
• The offices of both the Head of AMC and the Administration Department are located in the main AMC at Terminal 1.
The Dubai International Airport Medical Center aims at providing efficient curative, preventive and quality care and at promoting healthcare for all airline passengers and crews as well as all airport staff. It also conducts medical fitness examinations for airport staff, implements International Health Control Regulations and supports the educational, training and research endeavors of the Department of Health and Medical Services.
As no one can predict when an emergency will spring up, AMC provides travelers and airport staff with access to a state-of-the-art medical service with the realization of an innovative “full basic service concept.”
AMC is a unique and distinctive medical center of DHA as it provides the following services on a 24-hour basis, 7 days a week:
• Preventive care and health promotion
• Training programs
Clients are triaged according to a 5-level triage system which ensures that clients are assessed and sorted according to acuity. Clients from all medical categories as well as those suffering from trauma receive emergency care and are referred to the appropriate healthcare facility, if necessary.
The unit is able to provide rapid resuscitation, stabilization and transfer of critically ill patients and provide an on-site response team during mass casualty events inside the airport (e.g. aircraft crash). At the same time, the center is always ready to respond to any request for emergency assistance within the airport if needed.
Two units of fully equipped ambulances are on standby 24 hours a day for on-site emergency response as well as for immediate transfer of critically ill patients to the hospital.
• The Airport Medical Center is proud to have an experienced and certified medical and nursing staff that can provide travelers with urgent care, occupational health services and travel medicine if needed.
AMC staff can deal with unexpected illnesses and unforeseen accidents.
• The Airport Medical Center also promotes the preventive aspects of medical care by means of medical fitness programs for airport staff and health awareness campaigns for all travelers as well as all airport.staff.
1. Customer satisfaction (passenger and staff)
2. Team work
- Outline of Services Provided:
• Provision of free emergency medical and trauma care by qualified professional medical staff in accordance with international standards.
• Serves as the second responder (advance life support provider) with a response time of 5 to 10 minutes, upon the request of CAS-EMT in the event of a cardio-pulmonary arrest or any other life-threatening medical and/or severe trauma cases.
• Provides medical consultation and management to all walk-in passengers and staff of Dubai International Airport.
• Infection control programs in compliance with international standards.
• Medical fitness exams for airport staff (renewal only).
• Provides all kinds of vaccination services to passengers and airport staff.
• Annual travelers health awareness campaign.
• Provides assistance for stretcher case passengers during embarkation and disembarkation.
• Conducts health and safety awareness programs for airport staff.
• Issues fit to travel certificates to passengers.
• Training of airport staff (e.g. Heart Saver).
• Referral of clients to DOHMS hospital or other private and federal hospitals for further management.
• Disaster response in case of mass casualty incidents such as aircraft crash.
• Health education to clients and staff.
We provide care and services to all passengers and airport staff with different demographics and backgrounds.
• EK passengers
• Other airlines
• Airport staff treated and discharged from AMC
• Clients referred to hospitals
• Stretcher case passengers attended
• Wheelchair case passengers attended
• Criteria of Admission to Service:
• All clients who come to the unit are triaged and seen by a nurse and a doctor. All are treated in the unit and referred to the appropriate hospital if needed, regardless of eligibility status.
Departments within the airport (image for relationship map should go here)
With DHA (image for relationship map should go here)
Terminal 1 +971- 4- 2164953
Terminal 2 +971- 4- 5055906.