The Ophthalmology Department provides comprehensive ophthalmic care and subspecialist state-of-the-art care.
- Cataract surgery with Intraocular Lens Implantation using the latest technology under local or general anaesthesia.
- Corneal disease management and corneal transplantation operations.
- External eye diseases like dry eyes, infections, allergic conditions and autoimmune diseases.
- Trauma cases concerning the eye and ocular emergencies, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Glaucoma screening, early detection, follow-ups and medical laser and surgical treatment.
- Ocular motility disorders and squint in children - managed with orthoptic treatment and surgical correction and paralytic squint management.
- Retinal diseases, retinal detachment surgery, vibratory operations and laser treatment for the complications of diabetes mellitus and retinal vascular diseases.
- Paediatric ophthalmology, congenital glaucoma, congenital cataracts, watering of the eyes due to lacrimal disorders and laser treatment for premature babies with retinopathy of prematurity.
- The most modern treatment of macular degeneration with photodynamic therapy using diode laser management for lacrimal diseases like nasolacrimal duct obstructions and chronic inflammation of the lacrimal sac by dacryocystorhinostomy operations.
- Prescriptions of glasses for all ages.
- Available laser technology - argon, krypton, diode, UAG.
- The department is planning to soon start the correction of myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism with the introduction of the Excimer laser and LASIK procedures.