This department plays an important role in the provision of proper and good medical care for the patients of Rashid Hospital. The anaesthesia team performs all types of anaesthesia (regional, general and conscious sedation), including the pre-anaesthetic assessment and preparation of patients in coordination with other teams and specialties. The team is responsible for providing correct preoperative and postoperative care.
The radiological services include:
- The anaesthesia team, in coordination with the Emergency Critical Care Department (ECCD) team, manages the respiratory and mechanical ventilation in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), which has 16 beds, the Intensive Care Unit in the Infectious Disease Unit (IDU), which has 2 beds, and in the Coronary Care Unit (CCU), which has 12 beds.
- Transporting any critically ill patients for diagnostic or therapeutic procedures inside or outside the hospital.
- Providing educational programmes for the hospital staff regarding:
1. CPR and airway management
2. Care for critically ill patients
3. Postoperative care
Comprehensive Services List
- Pre-anaesthetic evaluation of all patients for operative, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. The Anaesthesia Assessment Clinic is open every working day for outpatient assessments for elective surgical patients.
- Administration of general and regional anaesthesia, and conscious sedation/analgesia, to the patients of different disciplines scheduled for surgery.
- Provision of epidural services for obstetric pain relief.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation procedures as part of the Dubai Hospital Resuscitation Team.
- Management of severely sick patients (including ventilatory and cardiovascular support in coordination with the intensivists in the ICU).
- 24-hour coverage for 1st and 2nd on-call duty and consultant coverage for Dubai Hospital.
- 24-hour coverage for disaster emergencies.
- Escorting patients from Dubai Hospital to appropriate units in other hospitals.
- Supervision and training of junior medical staff and other levels of assistance during the administration of anaesthesia.